Due to changes in URLs the most current links to various Middle-earth Talk Radio episodes are being maintained at Xenite.Org’s Middle-earth Talk Radio category.
Hawke Robinson shared the following information and I am doing my part to redistribute it. Please feel free to share this on your blogs, in your Web forums, on your mailing lists, and everywhere else you post Tolkien-related stuff online.
The sound quality issue should be vastly improved with the next episode. We finally realized that Hawke’s headset had a short in it. You can tell he is using a different one when you hear his edited (in) voiceovers. Going forward, you should hear less static and hiss in our podcasts.
The 24th episode of Middle-earth Talk Radio is now available for download, includes music from Rehtaeh.
Duration: 57 minutes 21 seconds
Filesize: 78.8 MB (82,586,483 bytes)
Ra Tarinya (For My Queen)
From the album “Awakened”
- Tyra Banks – ModelLand
- Previously unexibited print by Tolkien called “Lamb’s Farm, Gedling” to be shown
- Filming for The Hobbit Movie beginning in Novement 2010?
- Smaug Stein
- Mads Hobbit Hole Blog – Doll House model on Bag End
- Brief reading from The Hobbit about Hobbit Hole
- The Eowyn Challenge
- Expanding the show range of discussion, please comment!
- How much do Dwarves weigh?
- Can Dwarves swim?
- Dragonlance Dwarves vs. Tolkien Dwarves
- Battle of alternate passages
- Reading and discussion of Letter #31, 24 July 1938, letter to Mr Furth, explaining delay in sequel to The Hobbit, and his work on Farmer Giles
- Word “mythologies” – Michael feels vindicated.
- Michael reads from Book of Lost Tales – Chapter VIII – The Tale of the Sun and Moon – Christopher Tolkien’s introduction.
- Michael reads the “Shibboleth of Feanor” – The Peoples of Middle-earth – The History of Middle-earth XII – and the word shibboleth defined (ad naseum)
- “Feanor was a momma’s boy” – Michael Martinez
- Tolkien’s representation of insight into psychological theory as expressed through his characters such as Feanor, Aragorn, and others, in the face of critics claiming the characters were too 2 dimensional
- Thanks to Christopher Tolkien for making all this extra material available over the decades
- Reminder Rehtaeh performing at this years upcoming TolkienMoot
- Our Middle-earth Talk Show now has dedicated domain(s):
http://www.middle-earthtalk.com/  or http://middle-earthradio.com/talk-show
* PLEASE PROVIDE FEEDBACK ON THIS SHOW!
From the album “Awakened”
- http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2010/05/23/36721-crumbses-and-tidbits-hobbit-start-date-casting-3d-discussions/ 
- http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/oxford/hi/people_and_places/arts_and_culture/newsid_8664000/8664496.stm 
- http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/100637-Tyra-Banks-Fancies-Herself-the-Next-J-R-R-Tolkien 
- http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2010/05/20/36698-smaug-themed-stein-now-available/ 
- http://www.3point.com/taverncraft/default.aspx?ProductLine=Hobbit 
- http://madshobbithole.wordpress.com/ 
- http://maddsrocks.wordpress.com/ 
- http://bitoflight.luminousbeings.net/keepsakes/BagEnd-final-small.jpg 
- http://www.lotronline.com/gallery/screenshots/BagEnd 
- http://www.sf-fandom.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33401 
- http://www.ruf.rice.edu/~kemmer/Words/shibboleth.html 
Middle-earth Talk Radio is a non-profit, non-commercial fan-oriented Internet talk show for fans of J.R.R. Tolkien and Middle-earth. Any perceived similarity to a professional broadcast will be accepted as a compliment.
BTW — if you not yet recreated your account at
http://new.middleearthradio.com/forum please do because we would REALLY like to hear your feedback.
Okay, we DO get feedback by email but let’s be honest here — that forum looks like no one is using it. You can’t just lurk and send feeback by email. The law says you MUST comply with our request and join the forum and provide feedback there.
Well, it SHOULD say that.
Questions will be welcomed…and maybe even answered.