- Andre Norton's personal collection of her books
- the DEATHLY HALLOWS on TV
- Capt. Kirk in Columbia SC Christmas Parade - 11/29/1968
- Andre's Winter Park Home
- What became of Angainor after the Unchaining of Melkor?
- Smoking Athelas
- What movies or t.v series should get remakes?
- Bart Simpson's teacher to be replace?
- Teenager mutant ninja turtles cartoon
- Weather and natural disasters affected history?
- Would Space Aliens Really Want Our Water? Michael Martinez
- Speaking of Dragon*Con 2013, I Will be There Michael Martinez
- Legend of the Seeker Fans Looking to Crowdsourcing for Their Show Michael Martinez
- Simon Horrocks Wants Your Help to Distribute ‘Third Contact’ Michael Martinez
- Star Trek Into Darkness: Cumberbatch is Khan Michael Martinez
- Why Did Sauron Take Back the Dwarven Rings of Power? December 11, 2013 Michael Martinez
- Why Do the People of Middle-earth Name the Valar in their Own Languages? December 9, 2013 Michael Martinez
- What Could Sauron Have Done Had He Regained the One Ring? December 6, 2013 Michael Martinez
- Who Were the Spirits From Afar That Yavanna Summoned? December 3, 2013 Michael Martinez
- Were There Crossbows in Middle-earth? December 2, 2013 Michael Martinez
- Two Studies Shed Light on Ancient Cultural Shifts SF Fandom Historian
- New Studies Reveal More About Spread of Farming Into Mesolithic Europe SF Fandom Historian
- Rethinking the Neanderthal – A Cycle of Population Expansion and Contraction SF Fandom Historian
- Kazakhstan, Birthplace of History SF Fandom Historian
- A Brief Review of the Last 13 Baktuns SF Fandom Historian
Tag Archives: independent films
Except for all the differences that distinguish it from all the others, today is a day like any other day. I just don’t have time enough in my day to do everything I need to do.
I wonder if Hermione’s Time Turner would help me catch up on things that I need to do.
So, anyway, like there’s a thousand things happening that I’m aware of but I’m so buried in Web projects I just haven’t had time to come up for a breath of air.
But in case anyone is watching, the Mothman Prophecies Website has now been renovated. It’s a popular part of Xenite.Org and probably should have been updated long ago but it was one of the few content sections that sort of stood on its own.
We were approached by the studio or their PR agency to help promote the movie online. I asked if they would provide me with content to create a site, rather than just post some announcement and they agreed.
Studios do occasionally contact Xenite.Org and ask if we want to be added to their list of fan sites. Sure, we’re glad to accept the press releases but if you’re letting a dozen fan sites publish the same press release you’re not getting much bang for your buck.
Another studio contacted us this week about an upcoming Steampunk movie. I’m trying to see what they’ll let us do. If they just want us to link to their site, we’ll pass.
Here is a tip to all the small film studios that want to use fan sites to promote their movies: Don’t just distribute press releases. Give the fan sites something extra to work with. Create “Web Kits” that include background information, images, interview transcripts, etc.
And don’t sling this stuff out to all the major sites like UGO, I09 and then hit the smaller sites as an afterthought. Give people an opportunity to do something unique.
You’re only hurting yourselves because, frankly, I can get a LOT of Websites to mention my special projects when they stand out from the crowd. But I don’t have time to go out of my way to create something from scratch for every little film that is coming out.
Xenite.Org is a true fan site — we’re not commercialized database-driven keyword-injected promo site and we don’t have a staff of journalists writing 10-20 stories every day. We get thousands of visitors each day but we do this out of the passion we feel for the topic.
And that’s my rant for the day. Thank you for listening, but send me real, substantial content, please.