Fans of the hit television show Legend of the Seeker are still hopeful that a movie deal can be worked out. The show was cancelled in 2010 when the Tribune Company, forced into bankruptcy by a badly managed leveraged buyout, dropped its support for the syndicated show. Losing the Tribune stations cost Legend of the Seeker 1/3 of its American television market and the remaining 2/3 could not generate ratings high enough to keep the show in production. ABC Studios, which own the rights to the show (based on Terry Goodkind’s Sword of Truth novels), made a half-hearted attempt to find a network to pick up the show (they aimed for SyFy, which did a lousy job of testing the market).
- Symphony of ages series by Elizabeth Haydon
- Video: Fan film 'Han Solo 2018'
- Video: How Star Wars was saved in the edit
- Video: Trailer for 'Patient Zero'
- Video: Trailer for 'Robin Hood'
- Video: Trailer for J.J. Abrams' 'Overlord'
- Aquaman Movie Poster now making the rounds - What do you think?
- Latest video from ConanCon 2018 - Batman and the Marvel Universe
- "The Hobbit" on stage with pre-show lecture in Illinois
- Evangeline Lilly talks about how Peter Jackson coaxed her out of retirement
- Indie Film Maker Benjamin Capps Seeks Funding Michael Martinez
- Why Aliens Might Want to Invade the Earth Michael Martinez
- Marvel Gives Us a Two-for-One Deal with “Captain America: Civil War” Michael Martinez
- Star Wars Unplugged Michael Martinez
- Hydra’s Evil Plan to Change Fitz Michael Martinez
- What Happened to Sauron’s Monsters When He Died? May 24, 2018 Michael Martinez
- Xenite.Org Shuts Down Endor Mailing List May 22, 2018 Michael Martinez
- Where Did Shelob’s Offspring Live? May 21, 2018 Michael Martinez
- What Did the City of Dale Look Like? May 17, 2018 Michael Martinez
- New Middle-earth Books to Be Published in 2018 May 16, 2018 Xenite.Org Administrator
- What the 23 Oldest Spoken Words Can Tell Us about the Past SF Fandom Historian
- Donald Trump is Right: Supreme Court CAN Alter 2nd Amendment SF Fandom Historian
- Why Homo Sapiens Took the World Away from Denisovans and Neanderthals SF Fandom Historian
- The Battle of the Bridge over the Tollense River SF Fandom Historian
- Why Did Civilization Rise in the Holocene and Not the Eemian Epoch? SF Fandom Historian